Wednesday, June 30, 2004

53. Baby's mother bias

William is so cute. He's so adorable. Quite a wonderful boy. Eric thinks he looks like a rock star in his new web sites, in the profile one.

Last night we put him to bed, and he slept some, but Diana had to get up twice before she would normally, before I got up. In the Times there was an article yesterday how mother's love acts like a narcotic. Andrew joked about how William showed all the signs of breast milk addiction: The line on the lips, the meaty arms.

Last night I had him sleeping on my chest, and Diana came into the room. He started wailing for no apparent reason. I was holding him this morning, and quickly it became apparent he wanted to breast feed. Sunday she gave him to me, and immediately he started crying. She came and took him, and he made a big poop and fell asleep. This is why I liked taking care of him. I was his only option and I didn't freak out that someone better might take care of him. Women really do have an advantage if they breast feed. And they have a kind of sweetness and a relateability that men don't find so easily. Still, I love my sweet boy, I cherish every moment with him.

No comments: