Tuesday, June 22, 2004

44. Tired Tuesday

Some miscellaneous stuff. He smiles when he falls asleep. He grunts, arches his back, and smooshes his hands into his head when he wakes up. I like it that I can kiss him, he's so helpless. But I worry I violate his space. I move my hands about, showing William the possibilities. I show him himself in the mirror. The age of constipation is over. He's become Sir Poopalot. Five times yesterday, and 4 times today. He's smiling at me. I went to change the diaper tonight, and he smiled at me. He's adorable.

He went to bed around 8pm, got up at 1 and 3. I got up. Diana did not hear the first one. She woke me up for the second one. She was happy this morning, she got more sleep. She had a hard time tearing herself away from him. I'm very tired. I think I'll call up Abuela and see if she wants to take care of him some. I'm giving a talk tonight on the 5 spiritual faculties to the sangha, so I need to work on that a little bit too. He was wiggling like crazy this morning. He's getting stronger. He's also fussy when he's tired. I have to bear some voicing of discontent, before he falls asleep, because I've fed him and changed his diaper, and aside from holding and burping, which I do, there's little else I can do. He can't really articulate what he wants yet. It's a guessing game. I think his crying helps tip the scales towards sleep, when he's tired.

No comments: