Wednesday, June 16, 2004

37. The Golden Shower

I numbered all the posts yesterday. A few might be out of order by one. It will help me backup the entries. People keep telling me to back up the posts, so they are not lost forever. I don't know how long Blogger.com will keep these posted. Maybe Sparky will want to read these some day.

William is sleeping. He woke me up around 7:30am, with his grunting and fussing. He does not really cry though, until you pick him up and change his diaper. Today he let out a little grunt, and covered his face in urine. I forget to cover that area some times, and usually I don't pay for it. Today I did. He seemed a bit surprised by it. After I cleaned him up, Diana left a bottle for me in the air conditioned bedroom, so I would not have to leave it. It's not too hot out, I've turned the AC off, and now William is swaddled and sleeping in his room. The irregular sleeping patterns continue. He took a 90 minute nap last night, and did not fall asleep until 1am. He sleep a lot yesterday with his mother. Good old mother love.

Last night I bought him some clothes and some sun glasses. Before the baby war born we got 2 huge garbage bags of old clothes from Aida's family, and everyone was buying cute little outfits for William. So I thought he had enough clothes. Diana saw my not buying him an outfit as a sign that I was not appropriately interested in William's arrival. She did not even comment when I bought him stuff, but she did like the stuff.

I bought his cousin Emma some clothes too. I was early for my sangha meeting, and walked around a little and found a children's clothing store on 7th Avenue. Five dollars for a single outfit, green with "green" and yellow with "yellow" on it. To help him eventually get his colors, I guess. I worried for a second whether they were manly colors, but I'm not really into that rigid gender concepts. Lots of men in prison because of their gender concepts. Hopefully my "two spirited" friend is going to visit us today, for lunch.

Grace is the same size, 6-9 months, and I got her two pink singles. Singles are the top and bottom combo with the button entry diaper change area. I got her some pink sun glasses too. Little Emma is older than William if you count the birth date, but younger if you count the conception date. Emma was due later, but was born earlier. Pretty close in age, though. She's more of a crier. Angie does not like the pacifier. It will be interesting to see how the two will develop. It will be hard not to compare the two.

No comments: