Friday, June 18, 2004

41. More guilt

I went to the Mets game last night with Paul Moscarella, Billy Lampert and John Homer. The rain delay made it a late game. Even though they won, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I felt guilty when I got home and Diana and William were asleep.

In the morning, Diana's mother came over, and took care of William for me. I went into the city to meet with Stephen Batchelor (http://www.stephenbatchelor.org/) who is the author of some good dharma books. With Sita, Laura, Andrew and Vajramati we had coffee with him, and discussed the dharma, before he whisked off to another city on his book tour. Quite nice of him to meet with us. Afterwards, I had some more coffee with Vajramati.

I got back to my mother in law's place around noon, and walked William back her without a carriage, or snugglie. I was sweating like crazy. William played with his hanging rattles for an hour, then sucked down a bottle, and went to sleep. I watched him a lot because I felt like I had not seen much of him lately.

He slept 100 minutes, and woke up when his mother came home. She's feeding him the bottle of breast milk I just thawed out, and then she's going to express and create a new one. What powers.

No comments: