Wednesday, June 02, 2004

20. I should sleep when he sleeps

William went to sleep around 1 a.m. I was woken up by Diana around 6:50 a.m. She was getting late for work, and I needed to take care of the baby. I fed him the bottle she gave me, and set him down to sleep, and he puked a little. Opse, over-fed. Poor Diana was frantic, trying to get out of the house. I offered her a ride, and she got to work early. We don't want to drive with William in the car, it's an unnecessary risk, but unavoidable today. Diana is working out the kinks of her early morning routine, and struggling to go back to work.

I keep putting him down and he wakes up and I rock him back to sleep, and then the process is repeated. I need to sleep now, maybe I'll meditate. I missed yesterday's sangha night because when Diana gets home, till she goes to sleep is my chance to catch up on my sleep. And I fell asleep.

Last night he pooped himself out of an outfit, diaper volume 9, that spilled over at the leg, and given time would have spilled over the back. Diana cleaned him up. She gave him a bath while I was sleeping, and his hair is so soft. I love it when he's cleaned.

No comments: