Tuesday, June 29, 2004

52. My TV addicted chimp

Diana got up at 3 and 6:15 to feed William. I got up at 8:30, and fed him and let her sleep. He filled 3 diapers with poop and finally fell asleep. He woke up and wiggled on my legs for a while, and talked with us.

Diana has him watching Blues Clues right now. He's wiggling a lot and grunting like he's going to the bathroom. He sticks his fists in his mouth. He's definitely in the oral stage. He doesn't like the pacifier so much. In the Times today it says that children don't not suck because of the pacifier, that's a myth. Angie won't let Emma have one. I say what ever works, I'm a pragmatist.

He seems to live TV, but he also likes the ceiling fan. My mother said, "so you've given up." She said we didn't have TV till I was 3. That's because we were poor. He's going to experience the internet, computers, cell phones, cable, DVD, MP3 and a zillion other things sooner than I did.

There's also an article in the Times comparing babies to chimps at 1, Neanderthal at 2, and an early villager at 3. Diana does not like animal kingdom comparisons. I'm not sure why. I think she thinks I'm saying he really is a chimp, or maybe she just does not brook any negative comparisons with her son.

Eric in Germany (by way of Madison and France) says he likes the photos. I made a new website which can be viewed at: http://www.geocities.com/pinchmitra/photopagespiral5.html. I'm probably going to make a new one today so replace the 5 with a 6 soon, and get the new page. Also the other numbers have web sites, and the first one is without a number.

No comments: