Friday, June 04, 2004

23. Friend's Story

Virginia is doting on William right now. He's making cute noises for her. He's wiggling to try and get to her not lactating breasts. Virginia says everyone comments on his hair.

Abuelo was here a little while ago. Diana came home and was happy to see him. She's going to let me go to bed early tonight, instead of having the night watch, while she goes to bed for work. Yippie. I'm really lucky to be with him, though, this time is precious, a gift.

My friend sent me this little story about his son, who, I think, is going on 4:

Last week I had to take him aside and remind him that he can't be too forceful when trying to make new friends - he'll literally pull a kid away with him to play.  We talked for a while about what he should and shouldn't do, and how his actions might be interpreted by other kids.  A while after we talked, he looked really sad and I asked him if he was feeling OK, and he said, "I'm sad because you just told me the story of rules, and I don't like it."

I thought that was cute. He gave me permission to post it.

William just ripped a big diaper of poop. He's not gone in a while, and it was quite loud, sounded violent. I burp him out of habit, it often yields a burp. Poor little guy needs assistance that way.

Four days of taking care of my son during working hours, and not one of them was similar to the other. I wonder when he will start settling into a routine. He's going to bed earlier and earlier. Today he is 7 weeks and 2 days.

No comments: