Thursday, June 17, 2004

40. Time to look for a job

I broke. I took William over to his grandmother's for 3 hours of uninterrupted time to work on my resume. I'm not sure I'll spend the whole time working on job hunting. I put him in the snuglie, and threw out the garbage. Then I thought I could go for a walk. Then I thought I could walk over to Abuela's, and drop him off. I think I need a break. After two and a half weeks, of 4 day weeks, I'm knackered. The next friend I have who has a baby I'm going to try and help out. I forgive Aida for dumping Natasia on us without warning.

I read some other blogs. I couldn't find anything exactly like mine, but they are all so personal, that's pretty unlikely. I want to look some more.

William seems to be a righty. He plays with his right hand more with the rattles hanging over his head. I call him "Sweet Boy" a lot. He's so wee.

He's got little gunk folds that accumulate gunk. On his neck, inbetween his fingers and toes. I'm getting better at keeping him clean. I have to clip his nails, he scratched his face some today.

He's been eating slow today, maybe out of comfort, or maybe because it's hot, though I had him in the room with the AC. When I took him out in the snugglie, he knocked out right away.

I felt sort of guilty and like a failure to drop him off at his grandmother's but just as quickly I thought I have a right. I forget what advanced European country, but they have a person who just goes from house to house giving parents a break during the day so they can get things done. Seems rather more enlightened than our children hating country. In Italy childcare is government subsidized 90%. In America it is subsidized 10%. Which country is more invested in it's children? If you're not producing widgets, what good are you? But I'd better polish my resume instead of rant about America's imperfections.

No comments: