Tuesday, June 15, 2004

36. Virginia's e-mail

Diana took the day off because William was fussy from his 3 shots yesterday and has a slight fever. She knew it was mostly for her, she needed to take care of him, not so much he needed her to take care of him. But I'm sure he profits from the attention. And I liked going back to sleep, to sleep till noon.

He woke up at 2:40am. I was fumbling for my watch to look at the time and Diana said it. I got up and fed him and comforted him and watched episode 13 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I've gotten into.

I woke up at 6am, he was fussing, and Diana was in the bathroom. I got up and took care of him until she decided to call off work.

Abuela is here, holding William.

Virginia wrote this in her last e-mail:

I tried to respond to the blog posting; but it's too complicated... thanks for expanding the ceremony details. I liked it very much & thought a lot of it was similar to his Baptism, except all present agreed to be his "protectors" rather than just the parents & godparents. I still have my
white thread & somehow feel more connected to Jyoti & Emma since I was holding her throughout the ceremony; but I had to laugh at the irony that she pooped herself out of an outfit at the end.

No comments: