Sunday, October 31, 2004

142. Weekend

I went shopping with Virginia yesterday. William took it pretty well, though getting in and out of the car is confusing, because he falls asleep, then is awoken. We went to Trader Joe's, then the Mall. Virginia did not see any costumes she liked. I got William some booties that fit him, all our shoes didn't fit him, either they're too small or too big. The woman in the store was charmed by William. I got Diana some dark chocolate. I got a new cassette thing so I could play my iPod in the car. Virginia exchanged some stuff at Ann Taylor and I bought a poster for my new office (I can't hear "office" without hearing Rich say, "orifice") of a nature shot, with water falls and a rainbow for $4. Bubbub wasn't the only child at the mall, so many families. Plus they have blue laws, stores are closed on Sunday in that county of NJ, so the malls were packed. We went to Babies 'R Us and stocked up on goodies, and got some important bibs, toys and other fun stuff. I don't really like shopping, but I like shopping for William.

Back at home we were all sort of tired. We watched Something's Gotta Give, which I enjoyed. I hate it when I'm pushing William off onto others, but I get so tired sometimes. I felt a little that way this morning too, but I'm trying to focus on spending time with him, store it up, for tomorrow I work. I drove Diana to her 8:30 Sunday class from NJ, and then came home. I took William for a long walk with the nice warmth, the leaves are turning and falling. I ended up at a bagel place and got myself a bagel. William charmed a few people with his good looks there. He finally fell asleep giving me a chance to walk around without him glued to me. I love him, but I think my tolerance for him being attached to me is lower than Diana, Abuela, Virginia, and Zane. Maybe I'll use the snuggly, which I got out of the car, to walk around and do things with him attached to me. Diana just called to check on William. He is fine. She's going to Aida's to pump.

No comments: