Thursday, October 07, 2004

117. Coupon Book

Diana took a nap. She fell asleep sitting in her chair. Then she went into the bedroom. William slept for a lot of the time, and then drank a bottle and napped some more. When he woke up I changed his diaper and he sat and played with his toys. Then we started to watch Top Hat. Diana woke up and fed him and tended to his needs. But she quickly got tired again, bless her, and despite her desire to spend as much time as she can with William, she went to bed. William hung out with me, as we watched the evil empire win game 2, and then we watched Family Guy. He fell asleep, but not before he had a lot of fun with a coupon booklet from BJ's.

He woke up at 3:45. I went to the bathroom. I checked the TV because I thought I heard ringing. When I went back to bed Diana said he was awake. You could hear him moving. But he wasn't crying. I said, "feed him anyway?" She said yes and went back to sleep. He did not eat much more than 2 oz, and fell back asleep. But it was the kind of light sleep he awakes from when you put him back in bed. He was not fully cooked, so I enjoyed some more time looking at his cute visage while he slept on my lap. In a way, waking up in the night with him is a gift. He's so cuddly and cute when he's asleep.

Thinking evolutionary, I think my spending so much time with him, tending to him, developing feelings about his cuteness, has helped us bond. His smile rebounds with my smile and back and forth. Virginia says it's nice to see us bonding. As my father says, I'm not sure how much he's going to remember, but I am bonding with him. I could go on and on about how sweet, cute, precious, and adorable he is, but I'm trying to give that feeling just by writing about things.

Like now he's in his swing in his room. When I lay down on the floor, I go in and out of his sight range. He doesn't like that so he leans forward. He likes to be able to see me all the time. What a sweaty.

I fed him breakfast at 9, avoiding the whole nap or feed debate from yesterday. He played with his toys, and I held him and he went into all kinds of different positions and I made him laugh by rocking him from side to side. He enjoyed the BJ's coupon booklet some more. I've created a William iTunes file that has a variety of classic songs and different kinds of songs I want him to hear, including a mix of children's songs. I start the day with it on, and see where it takes us. I sent out the photo of the day.

I've been reading other blogs, and writing comments in them, because I want comments in mine, and you have to sign up with Blogger to make comments. Lisa Marie wrote some comments. She's an English graduate student in Madison Wisconsin. I like her blog site, you can go too: http://romanticcircussongs.blogspot.com/.

No comments: