Tuesday, October 12, 2004

122. Leaves changing

The leaves are changing. This is William's first fall. I'm not sure he has a concept of season. In fact, I imagine you'd have to experience a few of them first before you got it. He feels the cold air, the more bulky clothing.

Virginia is going away next weekend. I miss her. She said, "what about my mother, Aida..." For some reason I see the weekends as Virginia time. I know I lean on her a bit much, but I really appreciate her efforts, and her love of William. I hope she has a good vacation, she deserves it. I'm going to go to a party Saturday night, and I'm going to drop of Diana at Aida's. Diana's class on Sunday, which is 8-4, is near Aida's place. Aida doesn't mind taking care of William for a little bit in the morning too. I think, I haven't actually spoken to her about it. She's pretty nice about taking care of William. Natasia likes him too. She's such a sweaty, I feel bad that I can't really spend as much time with her as I used to, because of William. She's growing up. If William ends up being an "unico" an only child, he will have many cousins, which is good: Natasia, Robyn, AJ, Venus, Emma, Nicole, Joseph, Brian, plus out of town Braxton in Georgia and Alex in Minnesota. Brian is technically an uncle, but he's in that age group. There will undoubtedly be more. Just like when I went to Will's soccer game, the coach asked me if I was Will's father. Nope, cousin.

William rocks his head sometimes. Last night he knocked his head against the chair, and cried some. It really upset me, but William was OK. Diana thought it was funny and inevitable.

Last night William went to bed early. But he woke up early in the morning. Diana got up with him at 4:50. William woke up at 6:30 when Diana was about to leave, so I drove her to school. She has a lot of work to do, and she got upset last night when I was not more accommodating. I have a habit of giving William to her when she is around. I need to break that, and understand that it's hard for her to do the work and ignore William. We also need to keep the house cleaner for him.

Diana was also upset because her grandfather who took care of her from the time her mother came to America, before she was 1, to the time she came to America at age 5, died 15 years ago, Oct. 11th.

This morning William would not let me keep the spoon, which slows down feeding considerably. William is getting more grabby. He holds his arms to try to get what he wants. He's also into arching his back, to get what he wants. If he's tired of sitting and wants to be held, he arches his back. If he wants to be walked, or whatever, all he has to do is arch his back to voice his displeasure.

Bridget just sent some nice pictures of Alex, Morris' daughter. Very cute.

No comments: