Wednesday, October 13, 2004

125. Tired, smelly

I've never been that tired in the morning when William woke up. He woke up early too, 7. I let him hang out in the crib for an extra 15 minutes until he woke me up again with a cry. He get heavy when I'm tired. He's also extra fussy, he seems to understand I'm not at my best and gives me a run for the money.

Yesterday was wonderful. I was with him all day except for 90 minutes when I went out. In the morning and afternoon. Diana came home and shared him with me. We went out again later, and got home late. He woke me up at 2:30 too, and I fed him some milk. He was thrashing and kept waking up every time I yawned and I was yawning quite a bit. Diana sensed my desperation, in part because I laid down in bed with him, and fed him, and soothed him. He fell back asleep. But he didn't wake up when she woke up in the morning and thus that is probably why he only slept till 7.

Of course he would not sit with his toys, and had to be entertained. I held him and walked a lot, and finally he went to bed again at 9, and napped for 45 minutes. But again, it was a cruel and hard awakening, even with his cute smiling face. Of course his cute and smiling face cures all. He's such a sweety, I can't be mad at him, but I say to myself, "I can imagine when people get angry at children because of their own anger." I have a lot more sympathy for other parents now.

Last night John said William looks like Diana. Some say me, some say Diana, some say himself. Even the guys thought he was cute. They were a little confused to see a little one at guys night watching sports. They would swear and talk dirty, and then say, "sorry William," as if he could absorb what they were saying.

Luckily we have Abuela. I took William over to his grandmother's. She's got him from 10-3, when Diana get there. Walking away I had a pang, I was going to miss him. He's so alive. I'll take this chance to take a shower and nap.

No comments: