Thursday, October 07, 2004

118. Bach

I went in to check on him, even though he was quiet in his swing. He looked at me, and held up his arms. "Take me dad." So I did. I walked him, had a little photo shoot, laid him on the bed, and then when he would fuss no matter what, I began the sleep walk. He made his new little high pitched whine. I walked him some but he still fussed, so I gave him a bottle, and he sucked it down and fell asleep.

He woke up 30 minutes later, and snoozed in my arms for another 5 minutes. We had some lunch: sweet potatoes and peaches. I got hungry, so I made myself some lunch, and he played quietly for a while and let me. We watched the Baby Einstein DVD of Bach. Usually he dislikes it after 10 minutes, but I sat near him and looked at him, so he made it all the way through the DVD. I wonder how much of ADD is from inattentive parents? We had a lovely afternoon filled with smiles and joy. Then his grandfather called, and I took him over. I have a job interview which I should be getting ready for. Wish me luck!

No comments: