Saturday, October 02, 2004

114. Lost My String

My string from the Buddhist naming ceremony fell off. Only Diana, Virginia and Vava still have it.

I spent Friday with William. It was wonderful. And his looking at me a lot, seeming to feel comfortable in my arms, felt really good. I got more comfortable at feeding him. It was a good day.

Friday I woke William up 5 times. To go to pick Diana up from work. To go into Diana's school. To go to Will's game. In Di's apartment. To go into Virginia's house.

Will's game was good, Will is a good soccer player. Di came, and then we went to her place for dinner. She doted on William, which is nice. Bart fed him some formula. Di gave him a nice book, which he tried to put into his mouth.

I called Rich and my Grandmother Bell on my ride to my mitra meeting. Talking about William has brought me closer to others in the family. I told Jen and Alyssa about William too.

I reconnected with William at the hair salon where Virginia was becoming a metal head. She was getting her hair streaked, and they use tin foil. Diana balked at giving William a hair cut, though she said, "do you have the video camera?" which means she was thinking about it. But my not having it cinched it--no hair cut. His locks will continue to go into his eyes.

I brought him home, and I fed him carrots and apple sauce. I don't think he was so hungry. He always grabs the spoon, which makes it more difficult. He spread the carrots all over his face and hands, and shirt.

We played together, and the usual stuff. I watched the end of Waking Life, and then saw a talk by Malcom Gladwell, about his new book Blink that's coming out in January. Then William fell asleep. We have Jessica's sweet 16 party tonight, I'm worried about William's little ears, they tend to play the music really loud at these things.

No comments: