Monday, October 18, 2004

129. Natasia

William slept till 9:45, a record this morning for. Diana took a subway to her class, which was very very kind considering how late William slept. I played with him, and fed him breakfast. I took William over to Aida's, so Diana could see him at lunch, and Aida and Natasia and Kay La could see him. Aida took a nap with him after feeding him a big lunch. Natasia took her time doing her homework, because she was so distracted by us being there. I found some hair we think he pulled out of his hair. Diana kept it.

At home Diana took care of William as he slept. He took a 3 hour nap. He woke up happy, even though he had a runny nose. I took a nap myself. And then Diana went to bed, I stayed up with William. He went to bed around 11:30, but woke up and I held and rocked him some. I was watching the NY v. Boston game, but extra innings can last forever.

William got up at 7:45. Diana said he didn't wake up. She had to pump. I fed it to him when he woke up. We played, etceteras, and I fed him, and he took his 30 minute "11 o'clock" nap. I fed him peas and peaches for lunch. The excitement of the day was when we took a bath together. He was a little shocked to be in the new environment. I made more water, and I was in the tub with him. I wound up some of the bath toys and motored them toward him. He put one in his mouth. He's so slippery when he's wet, and with soap, he's even more slippery. I don't think it was the best bath, but it was a beginning and he slept in the car ride to get Natasia.

It only took me 20 minutes to get from my place in Queens near the intersection of the Van Wyche/Grand Central to 110 and 3rd Avenue in Manhattan. So I had to wait the 30 minutes I overestimated it would take. Natasia came out and I said, "where do you want to go?" She said, "McDonalds." I called Aida and she said that was all right. Natasia insisted, even though I think McDonalds is evil. She does enjoy playing in the playland. It's cool to watch other children and parents. William was fairly compliant, but got tired, and fussed, didn't drink much. He fell asleep in the car ride him. His "4 o'clock" nap. He didn't wake up coming inside.

No comments: