Tuesday, October 19, 2004

130. Dinner Time

William slept till 8:30. That's gold, and I woke up before him and prepared for my interview, which is not easy with him. Somehow I got him to Abuela's in the rain. I got to Coney Island on time. I went back to Abuela's to check in and see if she didn't mind keeping him longer. I was exhausted. I needed a nap. I collapse on Tuesday and Thursday it seems. Hugging and kissing him was so sweet. If it's possible to fall deeper and deeper in love with him, I am.

So I slept and Diana got him, and brought him home. He was so happy to see me, with his flapping arms and whatnot. I push his long hair behind his ears, out of his eyes so he can see. Diana still doesn't want a hair cut. I just notice he tilts his head to try to see under his hair.

Diana and I have never been good at fixing dinner. I went out and got some lettuce and chicken for some chicken salad. I bought a bunch of these organic sesame noodle frozen meals that are cheap because they are new. We have enough food for William. When I got home, William was gobbling down his dinner: sweet potatoes and apples. He's eating more and more. He's getting better at the whole feeding process.

He sat on the couch while Diana fixed dinner. Those annoying little postcards to get the New Yorker were a great toy to him. He likes to twist his wrist and they were small. I'm thinking of writing them and than them for something I've always thought was always annoying. I have some anxieties about him putting everything in his mouth, but what are you going to do?

Diana steamed the asparagus I got. I wanted to give him one stick, but I think he might be able to mash it with his gums. Diana said his mother wants to fix him chicken soup. She said in Ecuador children are eating more earlier. They drink colada at 3 months. Supposedly Virginia gave him some spoons the other day and he liked it. Colada by Diana's mom is strained oatmeal juice, and a little fruit juice and sugar.

While we were eating, he did a massive poop. I went to change him, but I saw Diana was done eating, so I passed the buck. I found her in the bathroom washing his feet. He put his foot in the diaper. He's a bit fussy and Diana is feeding him now. I hope she gets to bed early tonight. She's so tired. I got my nap this afternoon.

No comments: