Thursday, October 21, 2004

132. Shout!

Congratulations to Josephine and Michael, and the birth of her daughter Ava Olivia, born at 8:53am; 6lbs 11oz; 19 3/4 inches, by C-section yesterday. That makes another peer for William, from family members and friends, a group that includes Emma (Harry and Angie), Braxton (Whitney and boyfriend), Nicole (Jacky and Szolt--3 months younger), Alex (Morris and boyfriend--almost 5 months), and Ava, 6 months younger. Sandra is pregnant. She's Victor's ex-wife. Since the boy will be Robyn's sibling, he will be part of the "family". I hear Virginia in my head saying, "of course they're family," but I could be wrong.

I missed the evening with William. I had my dharma study with Vajramati. We went over the Latukikopama Sutta (#66 in the Majjhima Nikaya). Then I went to Ray and John's for the Bosox win! Poor John got a little upset when they took out Lowe. Martinez gave up 2 runs and he thought that was letting the Yankees, who he called vampires, back into it. He got rather upset. But it ended well, and now they are on to the world series. I'm glad I didn't bring William, it got a bit loud there for a while.

Of course William got up the most early he's gotten up all week at 7:20. He was strangely not very hungry. He had a sip from the bottle, and a sip later. He let me read the paper a little, and then laid in bed a little, but got kind of cranky, so I walked him till he fell asleep again. I wondered what this is going to do to his nap routine. I was strangely awake. He woke up and we played, I fed him oatmeal, and then I took him for a walk. Of course I forgot it's Thursday not Wednesday, so the library was not open yet. And the cheap grocery store does not have any coffee beans. I did some dishes, while William was in the swing. He's learned to yell. It's cute now, but I can see the day when it's not.

Odds and ends: Reading about the janjaweed forces in Darfur Sudan is upsetting. I'm glad William, Diana and I are safe. I find what is going on there horrible. Correction: Aida also still has the string from the circle of protectors at the naming ceremony. Aida, Diana, Virginia and Vava have it still. William has had 3 little turds this morning, each one a labor to squeeze out. An angry little pellet as Philip Roth writes in the novel Portnoy's Complaint. They turned on the heat, so it's not so cold in here.

No comments: