Friday, October 08, 2004

119. Tired dad

I'm tired. William went to bed at midnight. Diana has gotten over giving up William, so I get to ride on into the night with him. I'm glad she's getting some sleep. He woke up at 3. He woke me up at 7. Usually it's between 7-8, but yesterday it was after 8, so he spoiled me some. Luckily I have my in-laws. I'm so tired right now, I wasn't really into taking care of William. Is that horrible? I don't think so, I feel lucky that he can be with so many people who have energy. Paquita was supposed to be coming over.

That gave me time to have some breakfast. I understand why it's a good thing not to be hungry right away in the morning. I made another web site with 4 photos of William. Here's the latest site: http://www.geocities.com/pinchmitra/photopagespiral9.html. Copy and paste into your browser, without the period at the end of the sentence. Replace the 9 with 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and go into the past. It was cold a few days ago, and I had to bundle him up for the walk outside.

William slept a bit when Diana came home last night, we even though he might be going to bed for good around 7:30. But alas, at 11 he was wide awake and thrashing away. He spent most of the day with me, so he kept looking at me. I love it when he looks at me. But when I hold him, he looks at Diana, so he just looks at other people.

At 3 he did not drink much, no more than maybe an ounce and a half, and then fell back asleep. But of course when you put him in the crib he thrashes for a while.

He woke up at 7, bright eyed and bushy tailed. He sat for a while and played with his toys. He fell over, and I didn't notice for a little while because I was reading the sports page. I always feel so terrible when that happens, but he's not hurt, he doesn't cry. He's sort of into it, I think sometimes. He likes to lay on his side. I put his stuffed dog there, so he has something soft to land on.

I put the paper down and attended to him. He took a nap, as I was watching Logan's Run. My scifi friends love that movie. He woke up 30 minutes later and I fed him oatmeal. He proceeded to put it everywhere. I cleaned him up and played with him on the bed. He likes to be tossed around a little bit, that makes him laugh. I wiggle his butt from side to side, his legs go back and forth. I try to give him variety and mix things up. But being tired, I didn't feel so creative. So when Diana's parents called, saying they were ready for him, I was relieved. Plus I like the walk over. It's another beautiful day. Time to take a nap though and recharge for this afternoon. Again the link is: http://www.geocities.com/pinchmitra/photopagespiral9.html

No comments: