Tuesday, October 05, 2004

115. Paquita

William was very upset before he fell asleep and he's slept 2 hours at 11 this morning, with one wake up and a little milk before he fell back asleep. He's squawked a few times, but went back to bed.

He woke up around 5 this morning and Diana took care of him. Then she put him down by me, and he woke up around 7. I drove Diana to work. He woke up so I didn't mind driving her, but I was confused about how she got behind in time, she said she was washing bottles, but most of the bottles were washed yesterday, I'm not sure how she got off track that way. It's neither here nor there, I'm happy to give her a lift when he's awake.

He was OK coming home, and woke up when we got home. I played with him, and took him for a little walk. It's cold out, so I didn't keep him outside too long. I fed him his oatmeal breakfast around 9:30. We're making that breakfast time. I'll gradually move that down to 9. And I had to walk him a little while with some howling.

Yesterday he woke up around 4:30 in the morning, and I had the hardest time getting up, even though I went to bed at 8. Diana was so asleep that she couldn't wake up and say, "I'll get him," though she wanted to since it was close to 5. She took the bus to work on Monday. I had William all day, but Paquita came over. There was a mix up about us needing help. She took him for a long walk, and I took a few naps and read. People are always waking me up with phone calls. Diana's parents have a chicken in our freezer. Theirs is full.

Sunday night Diana had a hard time giving William up to his crib. Josephine wanted her bassinet back. She's about to give birth and is nesting. So now William is in his room, not our room. He's actually closer to me now, my side of the bed to his crib is a shorter walk than it was around the bed to her side. But for Diana there's a huge distance, that represents his growing up. That's also why she doesn't want him to get a hair cut, his first hair cut. She's aware of it and working with it. I respect her feeling.

Her father just came now to pick it up, Diana put it in the sink to unthaw. Diana's mother called 3 times while we were sleeping. I'm in a kind of cranky mood. Seems William picks up on the cranky mood, and does the inverse of what would help, and that's being fussy. Di said that children pick up on your mood and mirror it. I also found out Diana is going to be at her class from 8-4 on Sunday, so my 5 day week has become a 6 day week. Of course weekends and evenings I do a lot with William. And I do have Diana's mom, Alex, Paquita, Virginia and Aida. I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle going back to work. It's like you can't just go to work when it's your son. He demands attention, I notice how he coughs or drops things to stay in contact with me at all times. I'm a little tired from the meditation day I had on Sunday. Lots of good meditation, some break troughs.

He's getting bigger. The car seat is tight for him all bundled up with cold weather clothing. Diana says we'll have to see if anyone has a car seat before we buy a brand new one.

I got to see the pictures from his bath. They took the little thing out that he sits on, and just let him sit in the little tub, which supposedly he liked. He splashed a lot. There were a couple good pictures of that.

I walked over, and Diana's mother arrived in the car, and walked him the rest of the way. She says Paquita is coming over. Paquita takes care of Elizabeth's children. She's an expert baby tender. I tried to learn from watching her a little. She's very sweet.

No comments: