Friday, September 30, 2005

226. A new cry

William said, "duck" after he heard it on the TV yesterday. We hugged him and jumped around. I'm trying specially hard to give him attention and support through this difficult transition. So is Diana, but he's more angry with her. He's shown his anger, and regressed, and my heart goes out to him. He slept from 1-7 two nights ago, and was cranky, but slept during the day. I collapsed last night, I can't say when they went to bed. Diana hopes to sleep early tonight, with Virginia coming over.

On Tuesday when Andrew came home, I was holding him. I beckoned for William to come over. He walked backwards towards me, he could not look at me when I was holding the baby. He has a new anguished cry. He used to just have three cries. A light pain, a high pain, and a pleading pain. Now he has an anguished pain one, that breaks my heart.

Last night when we came home from Andrew's appointment, William wanted to go upstairs with Aminta and Steve. He would not go to his mother, but he went to me. I can only imagine how bad Diana feels, but she's doing her best considering the different demands.

No comments: