Monday, September 05, 2005

301. Shower

Saturday night William had relatives and family friends in riches. He still can't play with the big boys, and he needs supervision all the time. Not surprising at 16.5 months. Diana got many nice presents for her shower. I couldn't stay up that late and with permission left.

Diana was puking all night. She has acid reflux because Andrew is pressing on her stomach. I took William to the park. We walked around and had some fun. He is getting more and more social, though language and greater dexterity will make it more fun. He likes to walk around the park. He played in the puddle of water the little fountain makes. He played with David, pronounced the Jewish way, who is 20 months and his mother hasn't cut his hair much. I asked her if she was following the tradition of waiting 3 years, and she said no, she just liked it that way. He was a nice boy until he squeezed William's hand and made him cry.

We continue to try and get the house back into order after the painting and new furniture. Seems like I did dishes all day too. I took William for a walk, and he fell asleep. When I got home, Diana was asleep too. The cable still does not work, so we need to wait tomorrow for the cable guy. I'm surprised they have someone on labor day.

William ate half a banana. That's the first time I saw him do that. He bit into the skin a few times just to see what it was like, but he did well.

To let Diana sleep some more, I took William to the park again. He watches the older kids playing. He seems drawn to basketball. He went for his little wander outside the park. You don't see too many fathers at Vleigh Park. So many different nationalities, ethnicities, races, languages. Two zaftig grandmothers were running around shrieking, yelling, "Nyet!" when the little girls they were attending would go near an edge. Definitely teaching the children to be afraid of heights. William naturally stops at any ledge and waits for me if he's trying to go down. And of course I guess I'm able to follow the children, they sort of stayed on the sideline and shrieked. William likes these little houses that he can climb in. At the water fountain, he was pressing it so that it squirted all over, including his face.

He slid down the slide, and enjoyed it for the first time. He kept walking back up it with my help.

We ate dinner at our new dinner table, which has to go back because it has a scratch. I look forward to the family dinners. William ate everything, he was a very good eater today. Diana took a bath with him to clean up.

No comments: