Wednesday, September 28, 2005

323. Billyrubens down

There's an article in the Times on doulas. There's going to be a documentary on PBS this month. The link for the Times article is:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/25/national/25doula.html?incamp=article_popular

William has gotten into his Elmo DVD. And his Teletubbies DVD. And his Sesame Street video. I ordered a bunch more Sesame Street DVDs, since he's into it.

His dystocia seems to be going away. Not completely yet, but there's been improvements and there's no reason to think he won't continue to progress

Diana called me at work, the first day back at work, to inform me that his billyrubens were still to high and they wanted to put him under the light for one more day. Diana called last night and his billyrubens are down. We're supposed to call today at 8. Most likely, though I don't want to get my hopes up too hight to be crushed, he will come home today.

William is as cute as ever. Cliff wants to teach him mammography because it's very hard to learn for a radiologist because the level of pattern recognition is very complex, and you either call for a biopsy, and there's nothing, which is a scary painful hassle, or you miss it, and it comes back to you that you missed it. He thinks if we start William now on mammography, he has a good chance of being good at it.

Hopefully Andrew comes home today while I'm at work. Diana's brother Harry will drive Diana to the hospital. We found the little book about being a big brother for William, so we can read that to him. I've gotten some good nights sleep, which has been the only positive thing I can think about Andrew staying in the hospital so long, except tonight. William woke up just before dawn, and somehow I woke up. Thought I'd do something useful and blog it.

No comments: