Monday, September 05, 2005

300. Carpet

I came from NJ, were I spent a lonely night trying to recuperate from a stressful week. I missed Diana and William very much. It's been difficult being away from them with all the remodeling going on. Virginia was sleeping over, so there was no room for me to sleep, with the house in disorder.

The carpet guys were trying to lay the carpet before the furniture guys put the furniture in. The carpet guys had to go back and get the right carpet, again, because that is what happened when they came Thursday. So they said they were going to come at 8, but of course they did not. So the furniture guys did not set up the furniture, gave us the a wrong piece, and the table has a scratch. So next week the furniture will be resolved, and the big AC we bought last summer will be put in. The carpet looks nice, but they carpet guys said that they do not carry down the old carpet, so I spent the afternoon schlepping the old carpet to the garbage. My back is killing me.

William and I went out and got breakfast for Diana and Virginia. I say to William, "do you hate dada?" He says, "No." I ask, "Do you hate mama?" "No" "Do you hate Gigi?" "No." Later, when I ask, "do you want up?" he lifts his arms up. That's a yes.

Then we went to the park. I talked to Kathy and Rich as he walked around the park. I took William for his 5th hair cut, his shortest yet. He was excellent--he sat in the chair while I was getting mine. He didn't cry much, and let the barber do his work. And when it was done, he gave me one of his lollypops. We came home and took a shower together to wash off all the stray hair. Diana thought the cut was short, but not bad.

While I was carrying down the dirty old carpet and mat, Diana went to her mother's to get Harry's kids. They were working an early shift, so Harry left them at his parents. Diana's parents stayed up till 6 preparing the food for today's shower. To me it all feels disorganized and jam packed, but it's all getting done, and everyone has been so sweet. Aida and Virginia have been busting their butts to paint and get this place together for Andrew. So I finally got my computer together, while William took a nap, but I can't seem to get the internet working, so I'll post this when I can.

He's thrown a few fits when he didn't get his way today, but mostly when he gets tired.

No comments: