Thursday, September 22, 2005

315. Waiting...

I came home to get some warmer clothes, the hospital is very cold. They put her on drips that get her going. The doula we originally had, had another woman go into labor, so we got her backup, Maria. They're already giving her trouble about going to the bathroom, they said she can't get out of bed any more, it's inconvenient. If Diana did not feel comfortable with a hospital birth, I would say lets get a home birth midwife. I feel very angry at how the medical establishment makes rules and says things like, "you can't go to the bathroom any more," or, "only so many people in the room." I've seen Diana sign so many things, answer the same questions over and over again. She's happy through it all, so I'm trying not to suck her down with my negative energy. She think I'm paranoid when I say that I think a nurse unplugged the phone so we wouldn't use it. Anyway, there's chemicals dripping into her to ripen her. Diana's mother and Joselo went in to see her when I left. I left when Virginia got there. It's cold cold cold, and I need warmer clothing to stand the experience. I'm so tired, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the night and morning. I know it's not all about me, but it's a trial for me, with my wimpy ways. I suppose I need to suck it up and be strong for Diana, so I can support her as best I can. Nothing to report yet. Will update as soon as possible, but I'm off back to the hospital.

No comments: