Sunday, November 28, 2004

163. Return

William slept after take off. He wiggled and reached while we waited though. The flight was pushed back 30 minutes, but that was all. He tried to grab stuff from the woman sitting next to us. He made a few girlfriends, charming women everywhere with his looks and smiles.

We had a good trip. William went to his first museum. He got to spend lots of time with his "glamma" and grandpa. I had a fantasy of getting more sleep and rest, but this is my first long weekend holiday with William and working and I think I was unrealistic. I really enjoyed the restaurants and my mother's cooking. William got some good things from his grandparents, we have a walker now, where he can walk around with support on wheels.

I was frustrated with myself for not controlling my sarcasm and sardonic comments towards my mother. It seems that old pattern of passively trying to fend her off continues. She does have her quirks. I never noticed how much she rushes around. People like that are good, they get things done. She keeps a good house and provides invaluable support. Rich on the other hand was in the moment, in tune, but not like my mother. I think they make a good team.

No comments: