Friday, November 26, 2004

160. Wishbone

We went to Target and got a walker for William and some other odds and ends. My mother left something in the oven with it still on, accidentally, so we rushed back home. Since it was raining, Diana and Rich canceled the trip to the zoo. We put together the walker. Unfortunately the lowest setting isn’t quite low enough, and he got tired of it pretty quickly. I got to read some and took a nap. William spent some quality time with everyone.

We went out to eat at a restaurant called Wishbone. I had the eggplant with brussel sprouts and mac and cheese. Diana had chicken. Rich had crab cakes. Mom salmon cakes. William had chicken and sweet potato and apples. He had a high chair, but he didn’t stay in it long. He didn’t really draw with the crayon. He liked to drop spoons. My mom marveled at his hand movements, told us we need to find a good Montessori school. And larger living quarters. She wants to teach everything, to talk, to crawl, to play the piano. We played pass the baby and Rich had chocolate pecan pie and Diana had a Sunday.

William fell asleep on ride home and fussed a little when we put him into his PJs. He slept for 10 minutes and when he woke up with Mom and Rich, he started crying. I kept reading, but he kept crying and nothing would stop him, so I came up and he stopped crying. That’s the first time that happened to me, where I soothed him. My mother felt a little bad that he would not stop crying for her.

No comments: