Sunday, November 21, 2004

156. Jabber Boy

William was standing in his play pen last night, holding on to the side. He fell and was hanging on, and when Diana picked him up he cried and cried. But he finally calmed down and then finally went to bed. Diana was up with him, and also in the night. I said, "I didn't hear him." She said, "yea, you were snoring away." Diana has a class from 8:30-4 today. She has next week off, but then 3 more classes. Sunday is father's day. We drove from Virginia's in New Jersey early in the morning and I've come home after dropping her off. I fed him breakfast and played various ways. I put him in the snugglie and did some dishes. I had him in front which makes it hard, but then I put him in back. I think eventually I will figure out how to do things. He's not going to require being next to me all the time, and he'll be ambulatory soon. He's getting to be quite the talker, jabber boy. Last night and other times, he's really "talking" a lot these days. More complex vocalizations. I know I've said that before, but they keep getting more complex and complex.

Diana came home and I got to read a little bit. William fell asleep for a little while, and then he slept on me for a while, and I fell asleep. Diana came home when he was just waking up. Diana gave him a bath. We fired a few shots over the exhaustion and overwhelmed feelings we share. I used it to bring in the 3 big bags of laundry. We made up later, I admitted to my unrealistic projections and expectations.

No comments: