Sunday, November 28, 2004

162. Piggle

Last night at dinner, William expected the same freedom to explore the table as he’s been having at restaurants. He threw a tantrum when Diana said, “no,” and cried.

Rich ended up getting in the bath with him. He calmed down when the water was turned off. I got to comb William’s hair and we took some pictures with Kathy and Rich. We went upstairs and they watched a movie, Captain Jack, which sounded good. William fell asleep and I put him on my chest and read some of Piggle by Winnecott. Poor little girl had a really hard time adjusting to her sister’s arrival, and had irregular treatment by Winnecott. Piggle is the name for a little child in England.

He woke up, that was his evening phantom nap. Diana fed him in the bedroom and they went to sleep. When my eye lids began to fall down I joined them. Diana switched sides in the bed, and I somehow did not have enough blankets. It was not enough of a problem for me to get up and solve. I can’t really remember my dreams. I got up at 7 with William, which is 8 EST. We’re flying back today at noon. Hope this flight is not delayed.

I put William in his walker. He played a little, and then held his arms up to be taken out. I put him down with his toys. He played until he fell over onto the whipie case, and started crying. He cried for two breaths, and then was a bit weepy, so he resisted being put back down. I brought him to Diana. Now I’m going to meditate.

No comments: