Wednesday, November 17, 2004

153. KayLa

Diana is very overwhelmed, and she did a smart thing in hiring KayLa to assist us in the evenings during the week. Take a little pressure off us. I'm out some nights, tonight with the sangha meeting, tomorrow I have a child abuse class I need to take to get licensed. I need to go to the doctor, I've run out of my high blood pressure medication. Life is so complicated. So a little help isn't so bad. KayLa could use a little scratch too. She's sweet, William likes her. She's Aida's niece. She's in high school, took care of her brothers so she's experienced. Diana trusts her and I trust Diana's instincts. I don't trust anyone, even myself.

He supposedly slept a lot today. Monday he usually sleeps a lot, but there was a lot of hubbub at Diana's mother's as she packed for Ecuador. When I got there, Emma was there, with her new teeth. I can honestly say I don't care she's cutting teeth before William. I didn't like to hear she can sit up, William hasn't sat up from the flat ground, only from a pillow, he needs assistance. Maybe they forgot to mention that. Emma is a cuttie. So are AJ, Natasia and Venus. So with all around, William was excited. He slept a lot today with Alex. He's a bit weepy too, he dropped a toy and cried. He's still a little under the weather. Poor bubbub.

Read in the Stern book, that babies 5-7 months recognize faces a week later after seeing pictures for less than a minute. Also that babies can distinguish between their mother's voice and others in the womb. Mostly the book is pretty complicated, and I'm not reading it in concentrated efforts it requires, but I do like some of the ideas like "paradoxical sleep". That's sleep that doesn't fit into the pattern. Better go to bed, I'm knackered.

No comments: