Thursday, December 23, 2004

180. Sweet Cheeks

Yesterday was winter solstice. William had a long and exciting day. He came home from his grandmother's very excited, alive. I gave him a bath, which was rough because he's outgrown our little tub in the kitchen routine, and he was full of energy, splashing all over the place. Diana went out holiday shopping. I spent some quality time with William, no distractions, no TV, no radio. He was a bit manic for a while, but he calmed down and almost fell asleep, but the bottle ran out, and he woke up. I video taped him some, and let him move around me. I like putting him on my chest and him trying to find his balance to stand without holding. He's getting so big. He pooped for me. He enjoys opening and closing things, like my armoire and the freezer. I'm not sure what kind of mojo Abuelo and Abuela give him, but it was good stuff, and it was good to see William thrashing and crashing around. We watched a little ballet on TV when I got tired, and luckily Diana was not too late, and I got to bed. I slept past my meditation window. Now I have to wake him up, change his diaper, feed him a little, and take him to Abuela's. Wish I had a week off like Diana, and could spend that time with Sweet Cheeks.

There was an interesting article in the Times on 12/22/04 about stay at home fathers. It's pretty rare, but in America that means there's 1.7 million of them. Unfortunately I only had 6 months as a stay at home father, but put another way, I was quite lucky to have William and time for 6 months. I will always treasure that time.

No comments: