Thursday, December 09, 2004

170. Stomach

My meditation on Tuesday morning was "ruined" by fantasies of writing a book on parenting for Buddhist. Diana staggered to bed at 10:30, and said, "I need to go to bed." I watched him and enjoyed him, then got very sleep and wished very much for him to go to sleep. He got fussy, perhaps picking up on my discontent. His fussing woke his mother up, and she put him to sleep at midnight. Sweet Diana said, "at least I got an hours sleep." But in the morning she reported she was very tired. While Alex scrubbed away in the kitchen, I secretly wished she would say, "Let me take him," but she was into her scrubbing, and I did not bring up the topic myself. William slept late, and I had to wake him up and taking him to Abuela's.

William was excited as always to see me when I came home. The house was immaculate, Alex went to town on the other parts of the apartment. It's really a blessing for her to help us out this way and really clean up the apartment. And it's spurred me to keep the place cleaner, it give me hope.

I gave William a bath Tuesday night. It was sweet. I love giving him a bath. He loves splashing the water. He doesn't cry when you get water in his eyes. He's such a sweaty. It's hard not to do this vague gushing when writing about him. I know it might seem a bit boring to read, but I'm struggling to write about it in a way that conveys what happens.

William had taken to trying to ingest me. He chews on Diana's and Virginia's chin, maybe others. But he's stayed way from mine. Too much stubble. But he does it anyway, which I am flattered by, he wants to ingest me, internalize me.

We found William sleeping on his stomach in the morning. He's also shrugging his shoulders at times. He can walk with help! He's quite amazing.

Wednesday I took William over to Trebor's. Trebor was very good with William and he was kind about the mess William made during dinner. He ate some pasta and bread. When I say "ate" I think gnawed, or gummed. Vajramati thought he really grew up. I'm glad he's getting experience with my Buddhist friends. William profits much by his time with Trebor and Vajramati

Thursday morning William read the paper with me in bed. He's been doing that all week. We get into bed. I give him the section he wants (the ones I won't read) and he plays. He plays pretty well. I like our little routine.

I arrived home to find Diana, William, LayLa and Alex. It promises to be an interesting evening. Diana's mom says William is doing more and more different things.

No comments: