Friday, July 30, 2004

69. Oral Stage

We were taking William over to his grandfather's house, to pick up his car, to get Aida from the airport. And William had the blanket in his hands. And naturally he began moving his hands towards his mouth. He looked like a freightened person, but really he's just trying to put everything in his mouth.

He likes to talk a lot. He "talked" to Aida all the way on the ride home.

He's so heavy now. Diana wakes up for the first morning feeding, and puts him back to bed, and goes back to bed. I wake up for the second morning feeding. He's so heavy. My arms feel the sting in the muscles.

He's got active eyes. He watches us eat things, me brush my teeth.

I've given him baths to past couple of days. I really like to give him a bath. I love that clean boy.

His grandmother in Chicago got him a bilingual book. Aida and his abuela got him some Spanish language books in Ecuador. If I was bilingual, I would have a job already. I hope he is.

I've still got the lingering cold that William got first. He's gotten rid of it a long time, mine lingers. I malinger.

No comments: