Thursday, July 08, 2004

60. 78 Day Old Boy

William woke at 5 and his mother did not. I asked her if she wanted me to get him a bottle. She said yes. He fell asleep again, but he was having frequent cycles of wiggle grunting, without eye opening. So finally I picked him up and fed him a bottle. He's got gas, but he hasn't pooped in a while so we're wondering if he's constipate.

We're in New Jersey with Jimmy and Paquita. Diana likes the central air, and with her mother out of town, I guess Virginia becomes more important to her. Not that she's not important to us both, she's very important to us both. There is a sort of "I want my mommy" phenomenon when you have children, though. I want my mother around.

I woke up, and even though William went back to bed, I was not yet ready. It's harder for me to wake up, and harder to go back down. So I read the paper, and Virginia got up, and we chatted a little before she went off to work. I went back to bed finally, and slept very late. The day is already gone. Once I meditate and go to the bathroom, and check my e-mail, it's already 3pm. It's so hard to do things with children. I also need a job to provide more structure for my day. I need to take the licensing test, I would have had an interview yesterday if I had passed it, but I have not even signed up for it. So I went out looking for a notary republic yesterday so I could complete the form, but the banks were closed, and I could not find one elsewhere. Ugh. I need to get focused, get a job, but it's hard, I've gotten used to the looseness of the day with my boy.

Diana thinks he's teething, or pre-teething, and she's introduced a teething ring for William, a colorful band, that he can chew on. He still prefers his fist. When he uses his other fist to push the other one in, it looks like he's praying. He's definitely into putting his fist into his mouth.

Jimmy says he knows who I am, he follows me with his eyes, which is good to hear. I notice it with Diana. She's got the beast milk advantage. It still amazes me that children are fed from the milk a human body produces. I've milked a cow, so I know where milk comes from, but it's really quite amazing. Those things are functional as well as objects of desire.

Gretchen might be visiting us at the end of the month, that would be wonderful. He needs to meet his auntie Gretchen!

No comments: