Saturday, July 03, 2004

56. Cotton Eyed Joe

William slept from 10 to 6:30, 8.5 hours. Quite a sleep for him. Babies are supposed to sleep 14 hours, but not in one go. He will make up the 5.5 the rest of the day. Diana and Virginia took him shopping, and I'd rocked him to sleep just before they left. He likes to sleep in the car. Virginia, bless her, took care of William over night. We woke up early, Diana was full. She pumped, and then we fed him the bottles. She gets an ounce more from the left one. High grade fuel for my little boy.

Virginia called him a bobble head doll, when he was sitting on the couch. His head is still not totally stable, but I'm always amazed at his progress. He's a lot stronger. Lots of video taking and photos. My mom asked, "is he turning over yet?" He's only 10 weeks and 3 days old!

They put him in an outfit that Marie gave him, with shorts and a hat. The other day when Diana put a hat on him, she called him Cotton Eyed Joe. I've been singing that song to him, and others. He's brought out the singer in me.

I love Virginia's porch in the morning before the sun gets on it. I sat outside with William and walked him around a little when he got to be fussy. When the sun hit the corner, I let him get some vitamin D on his arm and legs for a few minutes. I put his sun glasses on, which Rich was amazed they have for babies. I like him seeing green, feeling wind, seeing the blue sky, clouds. He's inside a lot so far, which is good. I wonder what it would be like to have children before civilization began. Pretty scary stuff.

Diana and Virginia went out to get a pedicure last night and left me with him. He was a little fussy, and needed to be held and walked. There were some good times, but he also wore me out. He fussed and fussed, and then Virginia took him and he fell asleep. Eeek. I like it that she wants to hold him, and really likes him. They gave him a bath in the sink in the bathroom, yesterday, and I video taped some of it.

No comments: