Monday, January 03, 2005

186. Happy New Year!

Just dropped Zane and Bridget off at the airport, with William sleeping in the car. And then I took William to his Abuela, who he's not seen much this last week. Zane and Bridget came in Wednesday night, and I think between Wednesday and Monday morning here, Zane walked William so much, fingers for support, bent over, he might have back troubles. I hope he does not.

We stayed at Virginia's in North Haledon New Jersey until Saturday night. Virginia is kind to share her housing with us. I hope she had a really good time in the Dominican Republic, we missed her.

Thursday they hung around the house, and we went out to eat at a good restaurant near Virginia's. William got some good experiences eating out while Zane and Bridget were here, including Tavern on the Green on Sunday. I got so tired, we canceled the reservation at Mesa Grill for Sunday evening. I was very tired, and I think I'm OK for work this Monday morning. But the dining was very good with Zane and Bridget here, and their generosity. William seemed pretty good with it all.

Friday I drove to work and Bridget took the car from there. They took Diana shopping and bought William a bunch of good stuff, on top of all their wonderful holiday presents. They got him shoes, which breaks my heart, he's looking really grown up walking around in shoes.

New Years Eve, William fell asleep before midnight. I was pretty tired and went to bed soon there after too. Bridget made the enchiladas, we had some fine wine, watched an Elvis concert and played Screen It, or something like that, a trivia game with a DVD, and then champaign when it was new years.

New Years Day we watched some Bowl games. Gretchen's Georgia beat my alma mater Wisconsin. Gretchen called to rub it in, and we also talked to Megan. Iowa had an amazing comeback to win, on the last play of the game. Michael, Josephine, Evan and Ava came over and Michael's Michigan lost to Texas. I got to hold Ava for a while and feed her. Evan liked playing with Virginia's train set. Virginia has some good toys for children.

Saturday night we came to our place in Flushing, and packed us all in. Zane and Bridget did not complain about the cramped quarters, they didn't complain about anything. I was very anxious at times, about them being comfortable and having a good time. I think I hindered it by worrying so much. They seemed to have a good time, and I hope they get back to California OK today, get some relaxation, and are able to work tomorrow. Virginia comes back today.

Saturday we rushed out for a brunch at Tavern on the Green. Wonderful place. Then we went downtown and rode the Staten Island Ferry. William's first boat ride. I was starting to flag, and everyone agreed to come home. We watched the Jets lose, and I took a nap. Zane squeezed in his last time with Sparky. It made me so happy to see Zane enjoying Sparky and caring so much about him. And Bridget too. She was reaching for them both by the time they left. Sparky got very accustomed to them, enjoyed their company.

No comments: