Saturday, January 29, 2005

203. Forward motion.

Diana let me go to bed early, and Virginia slept with William, so I got a lovely night of sleep. I've forgotten that usually it's not the wonderful thing I imagine it to be, I have all kinds of nightmares and wake up rather confused.

William is his usually lovely self. Virginia had to move her photo screen into her study because William threatens to knock it over, break it. He took one photo out today, so it was moved. The further baby proofing of Virginia's house. Virginia is sweet, she has a nice place, which she had consulted an interior decorator, but she is very sweet and understanding about children. All it takes is a look in the drawers of the kids room, and you see all kinds of sizes of clothing, boys and girls.

William likes to take the long walks he can here. He's got a memory of it too, he keeps walking to the basement door and expects to go downstairs. He rushes to the fridge when it's open, he wants to examine the contents. Diana looks at the circulars and he wants to rip and wave them about. Virginia fixed us eggs for breakfast, and he wants to eat along, but we give him baby yogurt.

Virginia reports he woke up at 4, and she put the saline solution around his nose to unclear his nose, and then again at 7. Otherwise he slept through the night. Diana and I woke up and were down stairs when he came down around 8.

When we arrived last night, I came in. Virginia said, "where's my baby!" I like to see her excitement. Everyone gets tired of walking him, it hurts my back, but I do it a lot because he's so insistent. He turns towards you and put out his hand. It's so unbelievably cute, I can not resist most of the time.

When we leave him on the ground, he crawled some today. He puts one leg up like he's going to walk and uses that for leverage, so it's not the strict crawling with knees and alternating arms yet. But he can get forward motion, which he's lacked before. Before he would just roll and had side to side movement. He rolls over, and sits up. But sitting he is stuck, and calls for a pickup.

Last night he was eating the rice from the dinner Diana's mom cooked, that Virginia and I shared. He ate some cucumber that was in the salad Diana and I ate.

No comments: