Monday, January 17, 2005

195. Free Standing

William can stand, unaided. He took one adjustment step, but I don't think you could say he took his first step, it was more an act of desperation to stay afloat. Diana spent the whole day with William. She said it was good, but she is tired.

When I got home from work, I thought he was so cute. What is cuteness? I'm not sure. It seems to be a mixture of innocence and rapid growth. I think also there something about him being my son. Cuteness is in one sense just positive parental feelings.

I got a new mouse to replace the one he may have ruined by slobbering all over. Diana's cell phone also broke, probably from him slobbering all over it. He's been pulling out CD cases, and generally rearranging the house.

Diana had MLK Day off. The good part for me, was that I got up later, meditated, and left without the struggle of getting everything into the car. I'm also feeling better, I think the vestiges of my flu are gone, I'm only left with a cold which seems rather minor. I guess I can be easily overwhelmed, but that sounds like a judgment. What's the right amount one is able to shoulder? The more the better, of course, but who's to say what the exact amount one is supposed to shoulder. Some people cope pretty well. As a therapist to the stars, I teach Hollywood moguls how to cope. Just kidding. Better stop writing, William came into the living room.

No comments: