Sunday, October 16, 2005

334. Rugby

Very tired Friday night. I was going to commit to staying up with William to 3, but Diana let me go to bed. William is a little tired of home, but it continues to rain.

I think the week off has helped for the responsibilities and what I've gotten myself into, to really sink in. It's quite a big project to have two little children. It gives me a greater appreciation for Diana and all her hard work.

Andrew took two doses of baby formula Friday night and did not puke. This is very good news. Same with Saturday night. But he's not gone to the bathroom. Number two.

Saturday William, aunt Di and I, went to poughkeepsie to see Will play rugby. It was a beautiful drive up, the leaves are just beginning to turn. Vassar seems like a lovely college. William got to go into his first dorm room. Will seemed very good at rugby, I don't doubt he will be moved up to the A team soon. It's an interesting game. I've seen a lot of rugby when I lived in England, but never fully understood the game. Will got a tries? A try? A goal? What ever, he took the ball past the goal and put it down (which completes the scoring). One person, I overheard say, "I love Will!" because he's quite tenacious, active. Di overheard someone say, "I call Will bat shit, because he's plays like a bat out of hell." The other person said, "I hope his mother doesn't hear that, they'll make him leave Vassar." Di piped up and said, "I'm his mother, and I'm not too bothered by it, Will is tough." He later came over and apologized, "I meant no disrespect." The Vassar web site wrote, "Will Thanhauser ran well in support for his score and he was also in the build-up to John Scotts try."

William played on the bleachers and in a puddle. He charmed one of the women, who picked him up. She said, "he's wet." I said, "don't worry, that's puddle water, not urine."

William got to pet dogs, handle the rugby ball, be in the great outdoors. He generally charmed the woman and worried his dad.

He slept on the way up and the way down. Will came back with us, and we dropped him off in the city. Will is a good guy and I like him very much. He's on fall break now, he has a week off from classes, though he has a paper due when he gets back. Sounds like he's got interesting classes, and has adjusted well to college life.

No comments: