Wednesday, October 12, 2005

331. Breastfeeding

Andrew threw up Tuesday, even with the new milk we got him from the pediatrician. It's got to be over feeding, but he's not been given that much.

William has been wild at times in the house. Emma came over Tuesday, and she fell asleep. He woke her up with his noises. Those two fight over things, but I know William likes her around.

When ever I get to the end of my rope, Diana's right there telling me, "imagine what it's like if you're alone," or, "you're overwhelmed?!" as if to say, "don't even think it." I wonder sometimes if my presence here is even helpful, there's so much need.

I watched Robots. William isn't into a feature length films.

From 8am to 11pm, with one small nap, and William was up, and I was at the end of my rope. I fell asleep, Diana stayed up with them. William didn't stay up much longer, but Diana reports little grunty did stay up. William woke up a paragraph into my morning reading. I doggedly kept reading after I brought him into bed, with the unfortunate consequence that Diana woke up.

It's raining like the dickens here. I went out and got Diana some more breast milk helping tea. I went to get a bagel, but forgot it was Yom Kippur, and the bagel store was packed. William has been fussy, perhaps he's teething, or sleep deprived.

Been reading up on putting the baby on a schedule. There seems to be information on both sides. I don't think it's cruel to put Andrew on a schedule, and it will help me to interact more with him. But we're also not very strict disciplinarians, so we're not going to go to that extreme. Diana feels like feeding him when he's hungry and can't stand it when he's crying.

The doctor says to give him more time, on the new formula. It will take a while for the other formulas to get out of his system. Diana needs a break, I hope that works.

No comments: