Thursday, October 06, 2005

329. Umbilical by a thread

Virginia is the last to have her naming ceremony thread come off.

I came home Wednesday evening and Emma, AJ and Venus were here. The house was in disarray, William was a little wild. Diana think I wish they were not here, but I'm just stressed out, everything overwhelms me at the time. I wish it were not so.  It's a readjustment for us all. I vacuumed. I must have been craving order. I see now why parents are so uptight about keeping things clean.

Diana report William threw up this morning. He's been drinking juice all day, but he's just switched to milk. Andrew is gassy too, he lets these loud ones rip.

Andrew is a fortnight old tomorrow at 5:54pm. (William was born at 2:46pm.) I got home Thursday, and thought Andrew looked more like William when he was a baby. Diana took him to the doctor because he throws up the formula, and he gave her some samples of a soy one. My son is going to be a vegan, I'm so proud. Well, maybe just lactose intolerant. Diana enjoyed being out and about with him in the snuggly.

I see the finish line up ahead. Friday at 5 begins my week off from work. I am looking forward to it. I'm so tired. I don't expect to get rest, but at least I'll be around my wonderful sons and wife. We're heading off to NJ now. Virginia has just one meeting in New Jersey tomorrow, so she's going to be able to spend much of the day with Diana. We haven't been out there since Andrew was born, and some weeks before that.

William said, "ball" and "dada" and "baby" yesterday. He spent the day with his cousins at his abuela's.

Diana just told me Andrew's umbilical remains are hanging by a thread.

No comments: