Tuesday, May 31, 2005

264. Memorial Day

William was surrounded by family and kids. Only one was younger, and she could not walk without help: Nicole. He played with Emma, AJ, Robyn, Natasia, Joseph and Venus, but mostly he was watching. I played with them some. I took a million photos.

Robyn bumped him and his nose bled. He had the scratch from Etta the dog, the split lip from earlier. He would look like a prize fighter if he did not heal so fast. Diana feels like it's a judgment on her that he has so many little injuries, but I think it's good, he mixes it up, he's not afraid. He bounces back quickly. The doctor called him a tough guy. He's not afraid of dogs, he's wary but curious. He wants to master the situation, and I'm sure he will.

William picked up a metro card when I put on my shoes, so I took him to the grocery store to buy some milk.

Monday night William woke up 3 times, and then finally getting up at 6:30. One day off, Memorial Day, and his whole routine is shot.

He climbs on the chair we bought him, more than he sits on it. He scares us.

In the background, he's grunting away as he sucks down the milk.

No comments: