Sunday, May 08, 2005

252. Mother's Day

I gave Diana a card, that in some ways began to express my appreciation for her, and a locket and necklace, so she can put pictures of William and Duece, when he or she comes along. I hope she likes it all. Zane and Bridget sent some flowers.

I called down to North Carolina to talk to my mother, but she's gone already. I'll call her in Chicago tonight.

Diana and William are sleeping. He went to bed earlier last night. Having Brian, who is excellent with William, makes him stay up later. He stayed up very late Friday night. I had a big nap yesterday. Diana prefers sleeping late, and so she went back to bed. William fell asleep a little later, and V put him in bed with her. They've been snoozing for a while.

William crawled up into the dishwasher. He pushed the tray in and closed it up. Then when it was open later, he crawled onto it. He's a very curious fellow, and as yet fearless. He walks to the stairs and either does not care, or assumes I will be behind him, which is a good assumption, because hitherto someone has been behind him.

I gave him bread with butter on it for breakfast, and he's been drinking a lot of milk. He drank so much last night, that we woke up around 3:30 and he was wet, his size 6 diapers had overflown.

Anyway, I think Diana is a wonderful mother. She is creative, energetic, committed and focused, joyful and merry, sensitive and strict, which ever is appropriate. She's the natural I thought she would be. William is lucky to be primarily attached to her.

No comments: