Wednesday, May 11, 2005

253. It's a boy!

22 messages of congratulations by e-mail. Diana decided she would find out the sex. It's going to be a boy! William is going to have a little brother.

He got a hair cut to celebrate. His hair was in his eyes. This is the shortest cut so far. His hair stands up on top. He looks a little like my mom.

William likes to look between his legs. He likes puppets more these days, he brings me Luchito to wear and play with. He laughs at peek-a-boo with the puppet. He still loves ice and cold things. He keeps leading me into the kitchen to get things. I give him a frozen bagel, which he doesn't just chew on, but also eats.

Yesterday he didn't want to put a diaper on. So I put him in the crib. I felt a little mean, like I was engaging in a power struggle with him, subduing his will, to get my way.

Last night, Diana dropped him off to go out and celebrate mother's day with Aida who didn't make it to New Jersey on Sunday. William kept bringing me into the kitchen and then asking me to lift him up. I gave him ice, I gave him a popcycle, a frozen bagel, a frozen teething ring. Finally he fell asleep around 9 and slept through the night. He got up with Diana though.

He's been crying less when we go to Abuela's. He also is giving sweet goodbyes. He's a sweety pie.

No comments: