Sunday, April 17, 2005

242. Party!

Saturday was the big blowout party for William. Diana and Virginia and others were going early, getting cakes, setting up chairs and whatnot. Aida was working on setting up outside, and it ended up getting so cold that everyone wanted to be inside, except the kids who were enjoying the outdoors. We ended up packing everyone into Diana's parents one bedroom coop. It was quite packed. Kids were in the hallway. They did pin the tail on the donkey, and the pinata. AJ came in saying, "I hardly got anything." He only had a little bag of candy. Inside, the atrition rate was quick. Zane left, Alex and her brood, then Josephine, Michael, Evan and Ava. Zane was there for 6 hours, but Diana's mom was surprised he was leaving before they cut the cake. When I asked Diana if I could go, she said, "Before we cut the cake?" She implied it was a innocent valueless question, but I stayed till after we sang happy birthday. I was pretty tired, and came home and crashed. They opened presents and whatnot. He got a lot of clothes and some great toys. Lots of good stuff. Quite an amazing party for my sonny boy's first birthday. Many people worked very hard to pull it off, and many people came, and I thank them all.

No comments: