Sunday, April 03, 2005

234. Emma Day

William likes Diana and I together. He let Diana sleep for a while last night, but after a while I could not be put off from opening the door to the bedroom and let him in. Diana was in a very deep sleep, but she didn't mind being woken up. So she said. I felt guilty waking her up, but then again she took it well, and was not mad. Diana is also a little better at self abnegation and sleeplessness.

When I am in the room reading and Diana is in the living-room watching TV, he walks back and forth and tries to bring us together.

He's sitting for more reading in his room. I have been reading a lot of the books that Natasia gave to him. I also can steam roll him more, I read a lot of Madeline to him while he was playing. I read the whole book, half aloud, and half to myself, while he played. He has a few favorites, but he also likes novelty. He also picks up books and turns the pages himself sometimes.

William went to bed at midnight. He had a sizable nap from around 6-9, with wake ups. He drank a lot of milk last night, and when he woke up at 7 this morning, he bedding was all wet, he had filled his diaper to capacity and it had spilled over.

I actually finished a book yesterday. I've cut out the newspaper, I'm hardly on the computer. But I got a good book to read. I like memoirs of people who are not famous. Famous people tend to see a memoir as a chance to name drop, and forget to describe experience closely, have more justification.

They're celebrating Emma's birthday today. Diana has to work, get her classroom ready for an inspection. I'm going to my mitra meeting in Bay Ridge today. Abuela and Abuelo have offered to baby sit William till the party.

No comments: