Friday, May 28, 2004

8. Still Sleeping

He's still sleeping, that sweet boy.

Some notes. The time of the post below is 3 hours early, add 3 hours to get a more accurate time.

Cliff and Jama have expressed some appreciation for this blog.

I'm going to have a poopy diaper scale. A 1 is a small stain. A 10 is like the poop he shot out of his diaper at Gigi's the other day. A 9 is when it rides up the back, and wets his clothes (he's done that once). Today's poopy diaper was a 7, maybe 7.5. The elastic was filled, you can see it's full.

His hands are bigger. He's gaining weight. I'm filled with nostalgia for the days when he was teny tiny. He's still small, but he's growing.

I call him Sparky and Wiggle Boy, or like when he squirted me with urine yesterday, Squirt. Liz asked what should I call him. I'm fine with any name, I like lots of names. He's not really responding to names yet, so it doesn't really matter. He moans a kind of "Mom!" sometimes when he's crying for milk, but it's probably not mom. His vocalizations are grunts and coos so far.

He's got a lot of hair. He's got a false hair line, he's starting to get his real hair. His hair is so long. It almost goes past his ear. His eczema is getting better, his cradle cap isn't as bad as it was. It tarnished my beautiful baby some, I hated it.

Diana says we're not cutting his hair till the first year is up, but I'm ready to cut his hair. Celeste gave us a cute little container to save his first hair his first tooth. I'm not sure what we're going to do with his umbilical remains, which Diana saved.

I pick my son's nose. When you feed, you can't have a clogged up nose. We've got a few different booger suckers, that Diana uses.

When Liz fed him yesterday, she didn't wait for the dry bottle sound, she stopped short.

Sometimes Diana pumps and then feeds him, when she's really full. The he drinks the bottle she just pumped. She calls that the "chaser". The chaser used to also work like the knock out punch bottle, but not any more. He's getting a bigger appetite.

No comments: