Thursday, May 27, 2004

4. Burping

Diana is burping William. Gas can make him uncomfortable. I've gotten to the point where when I'm not doing anything, I burp him, just to try and clear some air. It feels so scary to wack on his back, but you get used to it quickly. Sometimes when I (or anyone) accidentally over feeds him, he throws up. I hate that. He's only done that twice for me, I've began to learn how much he can take, and read his distress. Attunement is good, I try to be as in tune as possible. I'm looking forward to Diana going back to work, and me taking care of him from 7am to 3pm.

I feed him 2 oz. then burp him, and give him 2 more. Sometimes I go up to 5 oz. with three burpings. Time is a factor too, I try to stretch it out. I have to resist the urge to feed him to stop him from crying. I've got to learn to hear his crying when I'm in tune with what he needs. We've got a nipple that has a really small opening that makes it harder to suck out. He actually fell asleep while eating the other night, like he falls asleep at Diana's breast. Diana uses that phrase, "he fell asleep at the breast."

Diana just put him in the crib, and turned on the mobile. She's switching Tigger with Winnie, to balance it out better. "Winnie the Pooh" plays on it. The baby's room is a mess right now with all the laundry we just did. I should go put it away and stop writing.

No comments: