Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Oedipal Drama

William got upset when I offered him breakfast the other day. Diana was there, and there was not obvious explanation why he was so upset with me. I think in those times, that don't make sense, I'm more inclined to go for an experience far interpretation. Perhaps William was angry at me, afraid I would swallow him up, destroy him for his projected aggression towards me, that rebounded back, and made him scared and upset. Poor Andrew and I are the odd men out. We form a band of brothers against the storm. Andrew sometimes cries with William and sometimes he realizes it's not happening to him and he seems happy.

The other day William shouted out "Thomas" in his sleep. Later he was crying about "ice creme".

Diana went to school with William yesterday. We're going to have him sit on the potty every time we change a diaper. And we're going to focus on making him clean up more. I did that this morning and told Ms. Shari, who said "excellent."

Two girls fight in the class--a couple of prima donas.

We got William a hair cut last night, for today's class photo. I put gel in William's hair to keep it in control. Diana had a cute outfit with a sweater vest, and Virginia bought him some new shoes.

No comments: