Monday, November 19, 2007

Keep it moving

William resisted sitting on the potty right away. I waited him out and kept asking. He asked to sit on the big one.

Andrew was very clingy, he's coughing and has a runny nose. He seems to have gotten the most sick out of all of us. I worry my luxurious 5 days off this week (Wed-Fri plus the weekend) will end up with my body feeling it's OK to let down and be sick.

This weekend was lazy. Or challenging, I can't tell any more. I missed gymnastics class because William wouldn't get ready and I didn't impress my will on him. I miss having down time. I always feel on, like I need to be struggling to do something. So we had a bit of a mushy weekend because of that. William ended up going with Diana Saturday. William didn't want to go to the park either, so I spent some time with Andrew. We've all aligned Andrew with me, William with Diana. So Andrew fell asleep early--he slept 13.5 hours Sat to Sun. Diana ended up taking William to a move. Sunday we watched Shrek 3. Felt a little thin, but it's quite a good set of movies, I like it. I think it's lost on the kids. I think the transexual's portrayal is a offensive. I've got a lot of Shrek in me. "Better out than in," is my motto too, to the shagrin of my angelic wife. Lots of laundry to do, Diana didn't get back till later, so I missed my spiritual group because I had to catch up on reading for ICP. I get overwhelmed by the boys, want them gone, and then I miss them while they're gone. I put the boys to bed. They say, "It's mommy's turn, isn't it?" Not last night. Andrew fell asleep quickly, William is scared of the blanket--he's gotten scared of bugs and whatnot--which I interpret as anger about not getting his way with his mother, projecting out the anger, and it doubling back on him. I interpret the anger gently, validate it, and keep it moving.

No comments: